These are reminiscent of a crab cake but with an Indian twist.
Recipe Courtesy of Rekha Mathai
3 cans tuna or canned salmon
2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
1 1/2 diced medium onions
1 large bunch cilantro, chopped
3-4 curry leaves (optional)
2 teaspoons garlic paste
1/2-1 teaspoons ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
salt & pepper
2-3 eggs, separated
1. Saute onions & cilantro for 5 minutes on medium heat until golden. Add garlic and ginger.
2. Add drained canned fish & turmeric. Cook on medium-low until the mixture becomes dry.
3. Add mashed potato. Add salt/black pepper.
4. Let mix cool completely.
5. Meanwhile in a shallow dish, beat egg whites. In another dish, place bread crumbs.
5. Form cooled mixture into patties and dip each cutlet first in egg white then in bread crumbs.
5. In a saute pan, over medium heat, fry each cutlet in about an inch of vegetable oil.
3 Comments Add yours
>I love all the recipes you are posting, Sus! Can't wait to try one out. 🙂
>Thanks, Rach! Let me know how it turns out!
>It was fun to try another fish cake recipe. It was very different from the ones I have used previously. We really enjoyed it!!