Ah, summer. My favorite season. I long for summer all year long and the season is especially glorious where I live. You could spend most of the day outside with warm sunshine, no humidity and a cool breeze.
Grilling in the summertime is pretty much a given and it is such an easy way to entertain. We had company over for dinner and this menu was very effortless to put together especially since the two side dishes took about 15 minutes to prepare and only 15 minutes to cook. My husband grilled chicken that was delectable and I served creamed corn with jalapenos and lemon-parsley asparagus. Our company brought fruit salad and strawberry shortcake for dessert. A wonderful summer meal!
And on a separate note, I realize it’s been a while since I have had a giveaway. Post a comment and tell me what your favorite food is to throw on the grill. One winner will be chosen at random on Saturday, June 18th. And what will you win? A wonderful culinary gift from my favorite kitchen store, Sur La Table.
Recipe Courtesy Of: Lucinda Scala Quinn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (discard seeds for less heat)
- 2 10-ounce bags corn kernels
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated (I used Cheddar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a heated large straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and jalapeno. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Puree 1/2 bag of corn in food processor or blender. Add pureed corn and remaining frozen corn to pan. Add cream, water, and cheese. Stir and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and serve warm.
Recipe Courtesy Of: Food Network Magazine
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- salt and pepper
Boil asparagus for 4 to 5 minutes; drain. Mix parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic clove, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and top with the parsley mixture.Tags: American, Menu, Side Dish